Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sea Of Leaves Lesch-Mix ...
Hello,
I did this mix last night after work ... like the song and had plenty of fun with it ... then listened in the car this morning ... did some corrections tonight ...
Used Cubase 6 + UAD2 ...
Any comments welcome ! ...

Thankx
Herbert

.mp3    Sea_of_leaves.mp3 --  (Download: 2.87 MB)

Hi Herbert.
Having a little listen to your mix ,one thing that sticks out is the guitar in the verse sounds a little upfront maybe just in the lower frequencies Big Grin !
Thanks
Don

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hello - may I ask are you a guitarist ? For some reason we tend to mix guitars more generous than other instruments. Myself included, that is when Im not forcing myself to turn them down where they balance with the rest o the instruments.
You created a good mix, a little to the dark side which I dont mind at all, there could be little more deep end from the drums, maybe its just a matter of volume.
I find myself wonderin if you are mixin on treble and bass heavy speakers ?
The long reverb actually suits the song, could come down a touch in the chorus, is it the BG vocals ? maybe send them to another long verb, little thinner soundin.

I like your mixvision and my suggestions are not meant to offend in any way - good job !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Thankx Don for the hint, I guess I love guitars :-) .... Greetings to Australia ! ....

Voelund, I am not a guitarist but I think I just lov'm ... and yes, it's the BG vocals in the reverb ... they're too bad to have them close, but I still wanted to use them, so I put them in a long reverb.... but you are right, it might have been a little too much ... the bass end was better before but the whole mix was too dull, so I added some top end which, because it's all balancing, took away some bottom end .... might get back to it ....
Love your Country mix !! .... bang on ! .... Greetings to (Sweden, Norway, Denmark ?!?) .....

Mixing through the list of songs seems to become a hobby during the next month :-) .... but really a good exercise, don't have enough own recordings to rehearse with ...
DK. Oh I recognise problems I know in that "add more highs, hey wheres the basnkick, turn it up, can you hear the guitars, I cant - who muted the vocals etc. I made myself a habit of takin breaks often, savin often, and if addin a plugin I know changes volume (ua pultec for one) i often put a gsin plugin after to even out any changes. Thank you for your kind words about my mix. Workin on "54" at mo. Talk about recordin where the number of mics doesnt maje the sound quality better.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order