Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Father Never LovedMe Full
here is my sight on song...

.mp3    Y FATHER NEVER LOVED ME Tom Ver_session.mp3 --  (Download: 4.62 MB)

here is little correction...

.mp3    MY FATHER NEVER LOVED ME korekcija 1_session.mp3 --  (Download: 4.67 MB)

Hey Zvonimir, just listening to your second mix. The snare is definitely an improvement of the first mix, where it was ringing on too much, maybe due to over compression.

You have the instruments and vocals balanced volume-wise quite well, and you seem to be managing the dynamics of the mix pretty well too.

However, the mix overall sounds quite muddy and boxy in the low mids - particularly the drums and bass. Try working on cleaning up the low mids around that critical 200-800hz area on the individual close-miked tracks, as they tend to be the biggest contributor to that buildup. It's amazing how some reductive eq can really add clarity and punch to a mix.

The vocals actually sound quite clear and crisp by contrast. However, the reverb on them seems to be out of place. I'd suggest playing with the reverb time and reducing it substantially. Try eq'ing the reverb too, so that it's less bright in the top end - that will help it sit "behind" the vocal in the sound stage.
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Hello there, maybe try dipping down around 150hz in tom 1 and see if that helps clean up the verse sections. That tom seems to ring on foreverSmile