Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie take on 'My Father Never Loved Me'
Feel free to comment on the mix/master. (Yes, the intro has been cut of a bit)

Thanks!

.mp3    My Father Never Loved Me_masterMP3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.55 MB)

My mixing system? Bosch MSM67PE.
Hey Klemkens, I really like your wild & creative aproach to the mix - there are some great ideas here that might even get the tick from an artist if they were perhaps a little more subtle in approach...

Mixwise, overall there is a fairly pronounced bass hump around 80-200 hz, and a dip centred around 500hz. The bass hump tends to make the mix sound a little muddy, and the vocal sounds a little underpowered as a result of the mid cuts.

I'd suggest doing some referencing of commercial mixes you like in a similar vein - that might help to gain some sonic perspective in the treatment of your mids and low end.

Congrats on putting up your first mix here!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
(24-09-2018, 12:15 PM)fHumble fHingaz Wrote: Hey Klemkens, I really like your wild & creative aproach to the mix - there are some great ideas here that might even get the tick from an artist if they were perhaps a little more subtle in approach...

Mixwise, overall there is a fairly pronounced bass hump around 80-200 hz, and a dip centred around 500hz. The bass hump tends to make the mix sound a little muddy, and the vocal sounds a little underpowered as a result of the mid cuts.

I'd suggest doing some referencing of commercial mixes you like in a similar vein - that might help to gain some sonic perspective in the treatment of your mids and low end.

Congrats on putting up your first mix here!

Thanks for the warm welcome and your comments and tips! I mixed this one on my commercial headphones in the living room as to not annoy my wife and kids and used Rival Sons's Hollow Bones as a reference. The reference sounded a bit too harsh to project on this song, so I did scoop some mids. Nevertheless, adjusted some EQ settings in the regions you mentioned and it does sound a lot more balanced, so thanks!

On to the next one Cool

.mp3    My Father Never Loved Me_master2MP3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.55 MB)

My mixing system? Bosch MSM67PE.