Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Random Somebody - Crazy for me Spandex mix
Hey Guys

im not really happy with this mix and cant really pinpoint at which point i went wrong.
so any pointers would be greatly appreciated

Cheers Big Grin

.mp3    Random somebody - Crazy for me.mp3 --  (Download: 7.57 MB)

.mp3    Random somebody - Crazy for me 2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.57 MB)

Hi Spandexcore

I think the biggest thing I hear are the drums, they sound underwater. The toms are spongy and take the focus away from other things going on.
Id Just re EQ the kit and comp lighter, let them breathe more, and a bit more crack. bring the tom panning in a little. I think the guitar verb might be clouding things up a bit too. horns and keys are good.
Acoustic sounds good. Vocal sounds good but needs to sit up front more. Hope this helps

Cheers
KSmile

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
thanks Kz, i had another shot at it and hopefully sorted out some of the problems, if theres anything else please lemme know guys

cheers ;-D
(16-07-2018, 09:48 AM)Spandexcore Wrote: thanks Kz, i had another shot at it and hopefully sorted out some of the problems, if theres anything else please lemme know guys

cheers ;-D
Sorry, I didn't get back sooner on this, listened in the headphones.. sounds punchier, cleaner and moves along really good. much better
Good Job
K
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.