Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Rebuild The Evil: Burial of Silence_Crazy Cheezewhizard Mixxx
Hey guys,
Here is my take on this Brootal song. The version you hear is updated to try to make it more powerful.

More of my mixes can be heard here https://soundcloud.com/scarletaudioworks...of-silence

.mp3    Rebuild The Evil4.mp3 --  (Download: 2.98 MB)

Anyone? I will gladly return a critique Smile
Interesting voice glitch at the begining xD

Your mix is sooo much clear it's insane. But ! (There always is a "but" :p)
It lacks deepness and power.

It feels like... everything is played on cheap hardware.
Also, I like the way you wanted to add FX and pans on guitar, but pay attention to transitions. Your panned part for example goes Right... then CENTER, then stereo, it's a bit strange.

Otherwise, it's a real good start. It just needs to be waaaaay more fat.
But care, with this may come the tricky part of keeping everything clear.
Sound Engineer @ MegamocheProd
Working on Cubase 9.5 Pro
Gear : Yamaha HS-7 // Sennheiser HD-25 // BeyerDynamics MMX-300 // Steinberg UR22 MKII
Thank you so much for the critique. I'm just trying to wrap my head around how to fatten the mix. Any suggestions?
t-t-tight!
(10-07-2018, 02:57 AM)tshanesmothers Wrote: Thank you so much for the critique. I'm just trying to wrap my head around how to fatten the mix. Any suggestions?

tilt-eq on the masterbus?
Really like this mix. Loved what you did with all the guitar nuances. Well done!

Hi,
Cool mix
I agree with Jugx's comment
(10-07-2018, 02:57 AM)tshanesmothers Wrote: Thank you so much for the critique. I'm just trying to wrap my head around how to fatten the mix. Any suggestions?
You can crank up the bass guitar, then the kick sub, and then maybe add beef to the guitars if it still needs more fatness.

Apart from that, sounds very nice!