Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Somebody: 'Crazy For Me' (critiques plz)
Hey guys,

here is my mix of this nice tune. The hardest thing to get right were the vocals, also due to the fact that the singer wasn't always in tune...
Lots of compression and eq, with a bit small plate reverb did the trick.
Next challenge was the acoustic guitar, which lacked a bit of body. I boosted the low-end with a shelf and used a multiband compresor for a more consistent low-end afterwards.
The other instruments were pretty easy to get right.

V2:
Ran the DIs through an amp sim. (I thought they were just clean guitars, lol)
Panned the guitars 50L/50R with the keys behind the main vox. Introduced more reverb and delays. Tweaked EQ of guitars and vox to give each track more space.
Increased the volume of the horns.
Thanks for all the comments!

Anyway, let me know what you think!

Cheers,
LukasAngel

.mp3    RandomSomebody_CrazyForMe_v1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.3 MB)

.mp3    RandomSomebody_CrazyForMe_v2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.32 MB)

Sonically, very nice. Vocal sitting perfectly, although it is competing with the guitars somewhat. Can you maybe add some width generally to the guitar parts to make some space in this regard? I found the sonic signature of the keys allowed it to sit behind the vox without too much of a conflict, maybe an option. As I said, the mix tonally is great, it also translates to small devices well. Oh yeah, lastly the horns need to come up more. Great work!
Hey Lucast

Nice job, nice tone and balance! Sounds great on the headphones.
I agree with Dave, the horns could come up a tad bit. Other than that it sounds great!

Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.