Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rebuild The Evil - Burial Of Silence (OTR Mix)
Pretty fun mix to do, especially since real drums were recorded.

As of late I have been trying to do mixes without samples.
Real drums are always better Cool
Rather easy with this mix since the drummer played rather well in my opinion.
Though there is a sample being used with the kick to give it a little more punch.

Used only the DI's for guitar and double them up so pretty much quad tracks, and for each side ran them into two different setups in amplitude 4.

Edit: Changed the guitar tone, and changed the processing on the bass guitar, and as well as some automation with the overheads as I did not have it loud enough for the cymbals to be heards.

.mp3    Rebuild The Evil - Burial Of Silence.mp3 --  (Download: 5.94 MB)

.mp3    Rebuild The Evil - Burial Of Silence - Edit.mp3 --  (Download: 5.94 MB)

(08-07-2018, 02:48 AM)OmegaTheRed Wrote: Rather easy with this mix since the drummer played rather well in my opinion.

I'd automate the cymbals to be more consistent, right now the hihats are sitting at a decent level, but the other cymbals seem to disappear.
Is there bass here? In barely hear any. Maybe I'm going deaf lol.

You should try a different guitar tone. This one sounds like its coming out of a small speaker.
(08-07-2018, 08:38 AM)Friggy Wrote:
(08-07-2018, 02:48 AM)OmegaTheRed Wrote: Rather easy with this mix since the drummer played rather well in my opinion.

I'd automate the cymbals to be more consistent, right now the hihats are sitting at a decent level, but the other cymbals seem to disappear.

Thanks for the feedback, i'll give it a listen again to see.
(08-07-2018, 09:09 AM)Shul Wrote: Is there bass here? In barely hear any. Maybe I'm going deaf lol.

You should try a different guitar tone. This one sounds like its coming out of a small speaker.

Thank you for the feedback. The bass guitar is usually the hardest thing for me. I have a hard time figuring out if i have enough or to much. and this case it seems like not enough.

As for the guitar tone I kinda get what you mean, though I kinda like the tone, it is the second pair of tracks that is causing that though.
The main problem to me is not the guitar tone, because it is a pretty nice use of amplitube4.
But I feel like a huge blackhole in frequencies between your guitars and the bass section.
Have you tried to duplicate bass track and apply a disto to it, EQed just for the lowmid/mid section ? Maybe it'll make bass & guitar tones more consistent together.

Oh and also, sometimes, when kicks goes crazy fast, it somehow disapears. Like there is no more attack.
(That's why, I personaly full resampled it by the way, maybe try that ?)
Sound Engineer @ MegamocheProd
Working on Cubase 9.5 Pro
Gear : Yamaha HS-7 // Sennheiser HD-25 // BeyerDynamics MMX-300 // Steinberg UR22 MKII