Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
James May: 'On The Line'
08-07-2018, 02:34 AM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2018 02:46 AM by KMuzic.)
James May: 'On The Line'
Really enjoyed mixing James's Song

Lots of automation
My conundrum was trying to feature James voice but still keep the music solid and expressive behind him. I was thinking about muting the mandolins , because it got a bit busy, but Im a mandolin freak, so I tried to feature the Chellos, but bring the mandolins in here and there to give it some flavor and make it easy to listen to.. Hope I did the song some justice

Would love some comments!!

Cheers
KSmile

.mp3   James May-On The Line-01.mp3 --  (Download: 9.73 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2018, 03:47 AM
RE: James May: 'On The Line'
It sounds very good, Kirk. You brought forward the cellos tastefully and made space for the mandolins. Good job!

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2012 Mac Pro, Presonus FP10 Firewire audio interface, Logic Pro X, Native Instruments Komplete 11, Waves 10 Gold, Rokit 6 G3 monitors, AKG K240 MKII cans.
09-07-2018, 03:51 AM
RE: James May: 'On The Line'
(09-07-2018 03:47 AM)davemcg61 Wrote:  It sounds very good, Kirk. You brought forward the cellos tastefully and made space for the mandolins. Good job!
Thanks Dave

I appreciate you taking the time and having a listen. Very enjoyable song to mix!
Cheers
KSmile

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.

Access my tutorial videos!
Advertisement: