Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Still Flyin Mix! First post - happy to be here!
Hey everyone! I just found out about this place and wanted to sign up and say hi. I also wanted to post my first mix in hopes to receive some constructive feedback.

This song was a lot of fun to mix because it has many elements. The vocals were by far the toughest part about the mix. There were many vocals tracks but I found is difficult choosing how to bus them and which tracks to really group together for processing. I also wished that there were DI's given for the guitar tracks, but the printed ones are actually really good. These are great multi-tracks!

.mp3    StillFlyin2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.64 MB)

Hi schwiz and welcome.

Really nice mix. I've never taken this one on, but have read the challenges others have faced with these multi's. You've done a great job. Well Done!

Be sure to check out Blitzzz's mix of this song. Probably my favourite.

Dave
(06-07-2018, 12:48 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Hi schwiz and welcome.

Really nice mix. I've never taken this one on, but have read the challenges others have faced with these multi's. You've done a great job. Well Done!

Be sure to check out Blitzzz's mix of this song. Probably my favourite.

Dave

Super nice of you. Thanks for listening. Blitzzz's mix is really good. Super punchy while still maintaining the clarity and dynamics - really great. After listening to his mix there are some drum adjustments that I'd make and I'd look at automating some of the limiting on the guitars and bass when the guitars stack.

It's awesome that this community exists and that these artists are allowing us to mix their music! Cheers.
Hello.

Snare is not good on this. Use samples if you have to.
Guitars are okay.. Maybe bass is a lil too loud? Kick needs less 400hz.

The original mix is on YouTube. Look it up and try to match it. It's a great mix.