Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can't let you go
05-07-2018, 05:13 PM
Can't let you go
Loved this song, I added just a few delays and some FXs.
Thank you for sharing

.mp3   Cant let you go.mp3 --  (Download: 9.16 MB)

Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2018, 05:35 PM
RE: Can't let you go
Hey eriksaidtorres!
I think your mix is a little heavy on the bass. Cut some of those sub frequencies and i think your mix will open up more.
You could try to bring the snare and toms more to the front. It sounds like you've cut alot on those. Try getting some punch back to the snare at the 100-200hz region.
Other than that i think your mix sounds awesome! Keep it up!
09-07-2018, 10:40 AM
Morning, Erik! Not much to add after BangBang. I don't know if there's any mastering after the mix (don't think so since overall volume is pretty civilized for these days), or maybe there's something in your master bus but it seems as if there's something that's reacting to the excessive bass and taking the breath from the rest of the track, which feels really well balanced and pro. I also miss a little more of the BG vocals (you know, the Can'tLetYouGo's during the choruses) and maybe a little more hi end on the OH's. But listening to your mix I can see my own mistakes better.

And great idea those delays, I specially loved the fuzzy ones on the vocals that almost sound like a guitar!
09-07-2018, 04:08 PM
(09-07-2018 10:40 AM)Deliza Wrote:  Morning, Erik! Not much to add after BangBang. I don't know if there's any mastering after the mix (don't think so since overall volume is pretty civilized for these days), or maybe there's something in your master bus but it seems as if there's something that's reacting to the excessive bass and taking the breath from the rest of the track, which feels really well balanced and pro. I also miss a little more of the BG vocals (you know, the Can'tLetYouGo's during the choruses) and maybe a little more hi end on the OH's. But listening to your mix I can see my own mistakes better.

And great idea those delays, I specially loved the fuzzy ones on the vocals that almost sound like a guitar!

Hello there
There is no Master, I will go back to it and fix the bass and try some new things with the Drums, I will give it a go to louder BGVs I agreed with the comments, I appreciate taking the time to listen to it.

Support my video work!
Advertisement: