• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My father never loved me - Spandex Mix
Hey Guys

Have a listen and let me know where i can improve, TIA

cheersBig Grin

updated version below

so after some advice i tried to do a bit of a tidy on the song
have a listen and let me know

.mp3    Trafficker - My father never loved me.mp3 --  (Download: 3.15 MB)

.mp3    Trafficker-My Father Never Loved Me 3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.83 MB)

new and hopefully improved version

lemme know

.mp3    My father never loved me new.mp3 --  (Download: 7.83 MB)

Hey Spandexcore,

I think I actually prefer the first version of your mix, as in the second version, the compression is tending to accentuate the muddiness in the mix. So the first version actually sounds a little clearer.

However, I think the main issue overall with both mixes is that there is a big buildup of sub bass, low end and low mids. The mixes are really rumbling my subwoofer massively. I'd suggest doing some referencing of your mix on different systems, particularly a car system, as that will really show up what I'm talking about. Even just looking at your mix on frequency analyser and comparing it to a commercial mix of a similar style should expose the problem areas.

Try working on the individual tracks to pull out the stuff that doesn't need to be there. High passing a lot of the non-bass instrument tracks (eq. guitars, vocals) can help a lot - All the standard eq stuff that Mike S recommends in his Mix Rescue articles and in his book will help give the tracks some clarity.

All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Thanks alot, i think im gonna give it a day or 2 and get back to it, something just wasnt jelling with the song and me yesterday
(18-09-2018, 11:05 AM)fHumble fHingaz Wrote: Hey Spandexcore,

I think I actually prefer the first version of your mix, as in the second version, the compression is tending to accentuate the muddiness in the mix. So the first version actually sounds a little clearer.

However, I think the main issue overall with both mixes is that there is a big buildup of sub bass, low end and low mids. The mixes are really rumbling my subwoofer massively. I'd suggest doing some referencing of your mix on different systems, particularly a car system, as that will really show up what I'm talking about. Even just looking at your mix on frequency analyser and comparing it to a commercial mix of a similar style should expose the problem areas.

Try working on the individual tracks to pull out the stuff that doesn't need to be there. High passing a lot of the non-bass instrument tracks (eq. guitars, vocals) can help a lot - All the standard eq stuff that Mike S recommends in his Mix Rescue articles and in his book will help give the tracks some clarity.

Hey Man i had a bit of a tidy up and hopefully its sorted out some of the issues, really appreciate the advice