Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Alright (SNP mix) - comments welcome!
Here is my versiĆ³n of this cool song. Please tell me what I have to improve.

Thanks!

Sergio
Chile

.mp3    Angels In Amplifiers - I\'m Alright (SNP mix).mp3 --  (Download: 6.79 MB)

It's a good mix. One thing - try to make it more wide.
Sasha MD
(04-07-2018, 03:03 PM)Coulomb Wrote: It's a good mix. One thing - try to make it more wide.

Done! I put some instruments more wide, and now I hear a big change! Thank you Coulomb! You are the master!

.mp3    Angels In Amplifiers - I\'m Alright (SNP mix) v2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.79 MB)

Hi Sergiovalp, nice mix. Smile
It's much better with wider panorama. I like where the back vocals sit in the mix.
One thing thats bothering me is piano and bass that are a bit out of focus.
Try to play with that more.
Cheers Smile
(28-09-2018, 09:02 AM)Nikola Mikovic Wrote: Hi Sergiovalp, nice mix. Smile
It's much better with wider panorama. I like where the back vocals sit in the mix.
One thing thats bothering me is piano and bass that are a bit out of focus.
Try to play with that more.
Cheers Smile

Big Grin You have the reason! i didn't realize. i was using a side chain to compress bass guitar when kick drum sounds. I reduced that compresiĆ³n and added subarmonic freq (maxxbass). I was using the piano just like a backing sound, but after read your advice, i tryed to enhance the best parts of the piano. what do u think now? Thank you Nikola!

.mp3    Angels In Amplifiers - I\'m Alright (SNP mix) v3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.8 MB)

This mix does sound nice Sergio. Well done.

There is a resonate sounding tom or conga in the right ear (headphone listening) that is a bit distracting. Seems to be clouding the bass frequencies a little also when it is sounded. Otherwise an enjoyable listen. Well done.
V3 is much better, a big step forward, great job.Smile
Hi guys, thanks for your comments, you have a super developed ear! Dodgy Big Grin really. This is my final version, a little more clean, without the resonance of the conga and background noises. I redoubled the chorus a little too. Please recommend another song on the site to mix it. thank you for your advices Nikola, Dave, Coulomb!

.mp3    Angels In Amplifiers - I\'m Alright (SNP mix) v4.mp3 --  (Download: 6.8 MB)

Hey sergiovalp, check out my list of mixes.
All the songs I've done so far are very good for practice. They dont have many tracks.Smile
Basically a good mix, but:
- the melody instruments are too quiet (ecxept the solo)
- a bit muddy in overall
- too dry for my taste

My mix for comparison:
http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=24142
Drummer and mixing engineer from Germany.