Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Devil's word form a rookie
Hello, I'm Lihsiang, I'm from Taiwan, a mixing rookie, hope you guys can give me more advice to improve, thank you!

.mp3    Devil\'s word mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 3.76 MB)

Hey! Words from a rookie. I really like your voice, guitars and bass, they are all right here, the only thing that's off is the drums. I think they are overcompressed and the OH are to bright. If you just adjust that in your mix you will have a great mix here.
"Do what you love and you don't have to work a day."
I'm an amateur musician and producer, so don't take me too seriously.
Here you have my other mixes!
(04-07-2018, 01:32 AM)JuniorNarciso Wrote: Hey! Words from a rookie. I really like your voice, guitars and bass, they are all right here, the only thing that's off is the drums. I think they are overcompressed and the OH are to bright. If you just adjust that in your mix you will have a great mix here.

Thank you for your advice!! Really appreciate that! Here is the new version, I adjust the compression of the drum to be more natural, hope you can check out for me.

.mp3    Devil\'s word mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 3.76 MB)

Hey ja!
I think your drums have a little much high mids. Especially around 5k hz.
Your side guitars are missing some high mids and sound kinda boring on their own. When the chorus kicks in and the middle guitar starts to play it sounds awesome though. BUT i think your mix lack some width because of this. I would personally try to do it the other way around, have a "boring" guitar in the middle so that it doesn't fight with vocals etc, and make the side guitars shine more.
Your vocals sound very thin, try adding some body to it with some low mids and mids, but don't make them too boomy.
Other than that you've done a really good job i think! Keep it up!
(05-07-2018, 03:58 AM)ja25408876 Wrote:
(04-07-2018, 01:32 AM)JuniorNarciso Wrote: Hey! Words from a rookie. I really like your voice, guitars and bass, they are all right here, the only thing that's off is the drums. I think they are overcompressed and the OH are to bright. If you just adjust that in your mix you will have a great mix here.

Thank you for your advice!! Really appreciate that! Here is the new version, I adjust the compression of the drum to be more natural, hope you can check out for me.

Amazing Job by the way we are all rookies if we are on this website.