Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALONE WITH YOU/ please give notes
Notes welcomed and appreciated
Unmastered so it's really low

.mp3    Justin Myles_Alone With You 3.mp3 --  (Download: 17.31 MB)

Hey 1Ton!
I like your mix alot! I think the only thing that i would look into is how you've used reverb, if any at all?. Of course it's a personal thing how much reverb you would want to add to a song, but for me this mix feels a bit dry. I think the drums and vocals would blend with the other instruments beautifully if you added some to them. I would suggest making an aux of the whole drumkit and find a nice verb to it. It's imortant not to overdo it though. Sometimes it does wonders if you can just feel the reverb rather than clearly hear it. After finding a nice sounding reverb for the whole kit, you might want to play around with individual verbs for maybe the snare, toms and kick.
Try a plate reverb for the vocals. Since the song is pretty slow, try a long reverb with a long pre delay. Once again, don't overdo it!
Other than that, i think you've done a great job! Keep it up!
Hi 1Ton. I'm hearing good snap on the snare but some boxy tones around 300-400Hz. I cranked up my headphone amp to hear it, but I think the vocals are a little softer than the drums - maybe its the just the low mids competing with the vocals. The acoustic guitar sounds warm, and the bass seems to be at a good level, but the lead electric guitar could come up a bit, especially during the solo. I hope that helps.
Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.