Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shut up and tell me what you think of my mix&master
Hi! Very curious what you think of my mix of this funky song.

.mp3    Shut up and play.mp3 --  (Download: 5.92 MB)

Sounding good on my little pc speakers. I'd just turn down the rhythm guitar and the hi-hats down. Both of those are taking my attention away from the lead guitar. I'd also edit down the squeel at 2:12. Every time I hear that it hurts my ears, on all the mixes.

It's kind of a hard song to mix, just cause everything is fighting for attention, needs a good amount of automation to keep it sounding cohesive and not just busy.
(01-07-2018, 09:20 PM)Friggy Wrote: Sounding good on my little pc speakers. I'd just turn down the rhythm guitar and the hi-hats down. Both of those are taking my attention away from the lead guitar. I'd also edit down the squeel at 2:12. Every time I hear that it hurts my ears, on all the mixes.

It's kind of a hard song to mix, just cause everything is fighting for attention, needs a good amount of automation to keep it sounding cohesive and not just busy.

Thank you vey much Friggy! Much appreciated. That’s actually good advice, i’ll do a remix that takes that into account.