Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mandubien's mix
Hey friends !

Here's my mix on this one. Pretty hard to get things right. Hope you will like it. I edited the drum performance to make it more tight. Some bass and guitars part were also edited to match the drums afterwards.

Cheers
Florian

.mp3    We Fell From The Sky - Mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.8 MB)

Hi Florian

Really nice job!!
You handled the guitars nicely, they sound awesome.
Drums fit and sound great. overall balance is smooth. the only thing in my opinion it misses is a bit more bottom, bass and kick to give it some more low end definition and energy.
Great mix!!
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(01-07-2018, 05:06 PM)KMuzic Wrote: Hi Florian

Really nice job!!
You handled the guitars nicely, they sound awesome.
Drums fit and sound great. overall balance is smooth. the only thing in my opinion it misses is a bit more bottom, bass and kick to give it some more low end definition and energy.
Great mix!!
Cheers
KSmile

Thanks mate Smile Ironically, my last move on this mix was to add a multiband compressor to tame the low end a little bit :p Maybe I was wrong ?
Hi Mandubien!

I like the sound of your mix, but a few things that I notice: You guitars sounds amazing. Your voice sounds good, although i'm not digging what you did in the pre-chorus you had a pretty good idea, if you work better to give it more "feel" you can do wonders. I'm feeling the snare a little to far away for my taste, but maybe it's my headphones. Haha
"Do what you love and you don't have to work a day."
I'm an amateur musician and producer, so don't take me too seriously.
Here you have my other mixes!
Maybe a little more upper end on the rhythm guitars. Sounds a little overweighted to the low end in general. If you're gonna keep them that dark, I'd suggest bring them up a tad. I also agree that there's a bit too much reverb on the snare (but only just.) It also is a tad too far up, given the level of the kick. Maybe try adding in some 4kHz and 8kHz on the kick as well to help it sound out in less bass rich listening environments.
Old West Audio