Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Somebody: 'Crazy For Me'
Balance then render. I love it when I don't have to eq the bass.Big Grin

Dave

Update Mix#2 Added. Some adjustments based on Cudjoe and Bangbangs comments. Eq-ed the bass track this time round.

.mp3    RandomSomebody_CrazyForMe_Dangerous#1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.25 MB)

.mp3    RandomSomebody_CrazyForMe_Dangerous#2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.24 MB)

Hey Dave

Very Smooth mix, very nicely put together. I can hear everything perfectly and sounds great to me in the headphones. easy listen
Great Job!!
Cheers
K
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hi Dave hope all is well great mix as usual the only thing I would say is that the intro and the bridge lead guitar Is too plucky,apart from that it's great,looking forward for some free time to mix this one
Reaper user
(01-07-2018, 03:37 PM)KMuzic Wrote: Hey Dave

Very Smooth mix, very nicely put together. I can hear everything perfectly and sounds great to me in the headphones. easy listen
Great Job!!
Cheers
K

Thanks K Big Grin
(01-07-2018, 07:00 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi Dave hope all is well great mix as usual the only thing I would say is that the intro and the chorus lead guitar Is too plucky,apart from that it's great,looking forward for some free time to mix this one

All is well thanks Cudjoe. I'll see if I can tame that guitar in my next pass. I will keep a look out for your version when it arrives.

Cheers
Hey Dangerous!
Nice mix! I really like it!
Some minor things i'm thinking of.
Vocals seem a little boomy, cut some low mids from it. 200hz or something if i had to guess.
Bass sounds good from the recording indeed! But i would still cut some 200-500 from it to open up the lows and make room for other instruments.
I would try to separate the kick and bass more. They're fighting for space in the lower frequencies.
Instruments seem to be panned so that they sound kind of non-natural, if you can put it that way haha. You got a great wide image, but I would personally try to make the instruments play better with eachother. Maybe try different panning, play around with reverbs on opposite sides or something like that. It's a little hard to explain but i'm feeling that the guitars are not playing with the rest of the instruments.
Also a personal thing; I'm not really a fan of organs, and i would put it further back in the mix to support.
Other than that, i think you've done a great job! Keep it up!
(02-07-2018, 07:12 PM)Bangbang Wrote: Hey Dangerous!
Nice mix! I really like it!
Some minor things i'm thinking of.
Vocals seem a little boomy, cut some low mids from it. 200hz or something if i had to guess.
Bass sounds good from the recording indeed! But i would still cut some 200-500 from it to open up the lows and make room for other instruments.
I would try to separate the kick and bass more. They're fighting for space in the lower frequencies.
Instruments seem to be panned so that they sound kind of non-natural, if you can put it that way haha. You got a great wide image, but I would personally try to make the instruments play better with eachother. Maybe try different panning, play around with reverbs on opposite sides or something like that. It's a little hard to explain but i'm feeling that the guitars are not playing with the rest of the instruments.
Also a personal thing; I'm not really a fan of organs, and i would put it further back in the mix to support.
Other than that, i think you've done a great job! Keep it up!

Thanks Bangbang, a great detailed critique. Some good suggestions moving forward. I will give this some thought as I work towards my second pass.

Thank you.
Hi Dave
EQ'ing the bass seem to have given the acoustics a lot more room..a lot cleaner. Mix breaths better.
Great work!
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hi Dave mix2 much better and you have dealt with that "plucky" guitar very well,that's a good mix Dave.
Reaper user
(09-07-2018, 04:42 AM)KMuzic Wrote: Hi Dave
EQ'ing the bass seem to have given the acoustics a lot more room..a lot cleaner. Mix breaths better.
Great work!
Cheers
KSmile

Thanks KBig Grin