Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Somebody: 'Crazy For Me'
My Mix

Comments welcome

Cheers

KSmile

Version 2
Addressed the Acoustic, transients notched out around 2k, Automated the intro with it a bit louder then pulled it back into the mix.

I didn't like the way the snare sat or sounded, so I re-EQ'ed the snare and added a smidgen of plate reverb on both up and down.

Re-EQ'ed the horns to get some of the top end transients out.

Comments welcome
Cheers
KSmile

.mp3    Random Somebody-Crazy for me-01.mp3 --  (Download: 7.19 MB)

.mp3    Random Somebody-Crazy for me-02a.mp3 --  (Download: 7.19 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Good music is heard
From my monitor, gt on the left channel feels a bit heavy
But good music is comfortable
Thank you

Yoshi
(01-07-2018, 08:40 AM)Yoshi Nishikawa Wrote: Good music is heard
From my monitor, gt on the left channel feels a bit heavy
But good music is comfortable
Thank you

Yoshi

Hi Yoshi

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment .. yes, you are right the acoustic guitar needs to be a bit lower in volume, Ill do that in the next version.
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hey K,

I like the kick bass relationship here, it sets the vibe and carries the song along nicely. Love the vocal processing also. You might find a transient controller may tame the acoustic guitar for you just by removing some of the attack. The level may be ok after that. Great sounding mix. Well done.
(01-07-2018, 12:31 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Hey K,

I like the kick bass relationship here, it sets the vibe and carries the song along nicely. Love the vocal processing also. You might find a transient controller may tame the acoustic guitar for you just by removing some of the attack. The level may be ok after that. Great sounding mix. Well done.

Hi Dave

Thanks I appreciate the comments.
Didn't think of handling the acoustic that way, but sounds like a good idea.
Cheers!
KSmile

Hi Kirk sounds good I agree with Dave about the acoustic guitar transients,apart from that thanks for sharing your mix.
Reaper user
(01-07-2018, 07:08 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi Kirk sounds good I agree with Dave about the acoustic guitar transients,apart from that thanks for sharing your mix.

Hi Cudjoe
Thanks for having a listen, comments are very much appreciated. Ill get the acoustic cleaned up in the next version
Cheers
KSmile

Mix 2 is up with the acoustic corrections and retuned snare

Would love some comments on the corrections

Cheers
KSmile