Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrial OF Silence(FINAL,INSTRUMENTAL,DRUMS TRACKS)
sounds good! if you ask me you could darken guitars. im not huge fan of bright guitar sound, but it already works good. good work! ^_^
(03-07-2018, 02:39 AM)kapu Wrote: sounds good! if you ask me you could darken guitars. im not huge fan of bright guitar sound, but it already works good. good work! ^_^

Yes I'm trying to make it more mid-range without sacrificing too much clarity. Kind of was going for that on the first mix but someone said it was too muddy. So trying to clean it up. Also drums are a bit too loud so I'm trying to rebalance everything better.
Hey Shul!

Great mix man. I'll wait to see how your new mix will be like then I can give you my humble opinion.

Oh, and now I see the different riff that they recorded that I missed. Hahaha
"Do what you love and you don't have to work a day."
I'm an amateur musician and producer, so don't take me too seriously.
Here you have my other mixes!
Great Mix shul .
There maybe some frequencies with the Electric guitars ,Kick and bass around the 130- 250hz area !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hello Smile

It sounds good overall, the drums are great but maybe the kick could be quieter (less clicky ?) and there is a rumble in the low end.

Vocals could use a bit more work to be more constant in their intensity.

Cheers !
Mixing with a dt770 for now..
Hey guys.. FINAL is posted in the first page.
fixed some stuff but I suppose that low energy will still be there oops.
I did my best to make it sound good though hope you enjoy the last mix.
(04-07-2018, 06:53 PM)Shul Wrote: Hey guys.. FINAL is posted in the first page.
fixed some stuff but I suppose that low energy will still be there oops.
I did my best to make it sound good though hope you enjoy the last mix.
Hey Shul
Sounds great... Guitars sound really good, aggresive and nice bottom end.
one thing.
At 2:20 to the end the guitars are not together and fighting one another. I found out only guitars 1 and 2 fit together or 3 and 4 fit together, seems they recorded 2 separate versions. The Bands YouTube video used guitars 3 & 4. I Know my first 2 versions I mixed both versions and couldn't figure out why it sounded a bit out of time after 2:20 to the end.
Just wanted to let you know.

Anyways Great Mix!!
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(04-07-2018, 09:34 PM)KMuzic Wrote: At 2:20 to the end the guitars are not together and fighting one another. I found out only guitars 1 and 2 fit together or 3 and 4 fit together, seems they recorded 2 separate versions. The Bands YouTube video used guitars 3 & 4. I Know my first 2 versions I mixed both versions and couldn't figure out why it sounded a bit out of time after 2:20 to the end.
Just wanted to let you know.

Anyways Great Mix!!
Cheers
KSmile

Yeah I noticed there is two versions for the guitars. I used the 1 and 2 ... 3 and 4 were a bit harder to get them to sound nice. I noticed left guitar started first in that change but since they both ended at the same time I just assumed it was part of the intended recording. It could be they missrecorded that.

wow I just came from the actual youtube song.. it sounds awesome! totally need to fix my guitar eq.. in comparison that one is better. mine is too low end driven Sad
I'll only focus on the <125Hz zone and the Final mix.

I know you are on headphones but unless the mixmaster translates to speaker woofers of a larger size, it will compromise the listening experience. If the woofer is trying without much success to move in and out to deliver a rapid fire of say, a 50Hz kick, it will collapse the mid and upper mids (with 2-way drivers), until the crossover. Clarity will come from the tweeters, not the woofer, and fool an inexperienced listener into hearing the harmonics or the beater's attack.

A woofer works by moving in and out - excursion, as it's known in the trade. The bigger the woofer, the bigger the disaster. With an increase in speaker mass the harder it is to make it accelerate, stop, then retract without distorting. None of the posts I've read have given this a thought.

Your headphones will have a relatively insignificant mass, so they move willingly, giving a false impression. Plus they will have a boost at about 100Hz, helping to mislead your perceptions as you assess the harmonics rather than the fundamental. Suffice to say, a sub woofer would merely tremble or quiver, and not deliver the clarity needed by this genre. The kick will simply wobble and produce massive distortion as profuse quantities of inarticulate transients. This ends up as smearing in the time domain and this in turn affects the frequency response, "Hello mud!".

This problem will contribute to your low-end, power, clarity issues of the guitars, for example. But it affects everything in the mix, directly or indirectly.
"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.
Yes I never tried listening Tobit on big speakers I just had a graph to help me with very low end. I will check hobbit sounds on bigger speakers when I get S chance. The guitars are also booty but I don't know how much on big speakers. Thanks for feedback monk.