Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great times with Roots Of Mankind
I had a lot of fun mixing these Perpetual Escape tracks. Check this out and let me know what you think.

.mp3    PerpetualEscape_RootsOfMankind_Mix2_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 11.67 MB)

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
Nice work, but the mix is quite centred. Try and throw your guitars out to the sides, it will open the mix right up and make it feel much bigger. Pan out the doubled up guitar parts Left and Right , keeping all miked tracks of the same guitar part panned and layered together. Hope this helps.

Dave
(16-01-2018, 12:19 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Nice work, but the mix is quite centred. Try and throw your guitars out to the sides, it will open the mix right up and make it feel much bigger. Pan out the doubled up guitar parts Left and Right , keeping all miked tracks of the same guitar part panned and layered together. Hope this helps.

Dave
Thanks for listening and commenting. I'll give that a try after work tonight.
Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
I took your suggestions and added multiple buses to re-amp all the guitar tracks using varied tones. In the prior mix, only guitars 1 & 2 were re-amped. I also pushed the floor toms and hi-hat further out to the sides.

.mp3    PerpetualEscape_RootsOfMankind_Mix7_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 11.59 MB)

Peace,
Dave