Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only my second rock mix! Need lots of criticism!
Hello guys, this is my second rock mix ever. Please do spare me your time and leave comments below about what is good, what is bad, what can be corrected and what can be made better! Thanks!

.mp3    Angels in Amplifiers - Im alright (Mixed By Dann).mp3 --  (Download: 6.82 MB)

The hard panning on some instruments irks me, especially with the 2nd acoustic guitar. Also, I would ease up on the reverb but I guess that is mostly a style or artistic choice, is it not? Smile
Most mixes done in Reaper or Bitwig on a MacBook Pro using Sony MDR-7506 headphones and some hifi system with old Saba speakers in a small-ish untreated room. If I commented on your mix, please check the board for my mix and reciprocate. :) Thank you!
Thanks a lot for listening through my mix! Yes I have hard panned the acoustic lead guitar and the background vocals, so that they dont conflict with the rest of the instruments. I will try to resort to frequency pocketing on my next mix to achieve this. The reverb is a bit too much I agree.. I realised I ruined it with the automation after I set up the verbs