Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
“I’m alright” by Angels in Amplifiers
Hi everyone,

this is my take on “I’m alright.” I have tried to make it sound a bit like Santana’s “Smooth” but I managed only a rough approximation (IMO). Smile

Some notes:
  • The snare drum sounds very tinny.
  • Not a single reverb was added.
  • I’m not quite sure about the frequency image overall. I have the feeling it’s a bit muddy in the lower mids but I’m not sure whether that’s the track or just my sub-par listening equipment.

Enjoy!

.mp3    2018062001.mp3 --  (Download: 4.11 MB)

Most mixes done in Reaper or Bitwig on a MacBook Pro using Sony MDR-7506 headphones and some hifi system with old Saba speakers in a small-ish untreated room. If I commented on your mix, please check the board for my mix and reciprocate. :) Thank you!
Hey the mix is decently balanced for "sub-par listening equipment", I am not sure how sub-par you are talking, but that can for sure cause issues with low and low mid areas of the mix!
Thanks! I only have my Sony headphones (WH1000XM2) and some old Saba “acoustic monitor” speakers; I’m pretty sure those are hifi speakers even though they claim to have a not-so-bad frequency response curve (visible in http://hi-fi-zone.com/wp-content/uploads...307374.jpg) – no waterfall plots, though. Smile
Most mixes done in Reaper or Bitwig on a MacBook Pro using Sony MDR-7506 headphones and some hifi system with old Saba speakers in a small-ish untreated room. If I commented on your mix, please check the board for my mix and reciprocate. :) Thank you!
I have been fiddling around a bit more with this track (is anyone ever finished? Smile) and I’m really having trouble with the drums of this track. If anybody has any hints on how to achieve better separation of the drum tracks (i.e. reduce the crosstalk between them) I’d be very grateful.