Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Ride - Hammer Down
Hey Guys
Have a listen and let me know what you think

Cheers

.mp3    Dark Ride Hammer down.mp3 --  (Download: 4.61 MB)

Hello man.. Here are my observations.

*intro solo is almost inexistent that needs to come up.
*bass is very clogged up in the low end. You need to clear this up.
*kick is also too punchy. My guess is you are probably using headphones that have very little bass response or your speakers lack bass in them. I would use a reference mix to compare the low end with your mix.
* solos in the solo part are way too low.. Turn them up.
*if you can use automation in a EQ on the fast double kick to prevent muddiness in the low end.

Overall balance is not so bad. Once you clear that up I can give you more pointers. Keep it up! It's a good start!
No solos, no fun Smile It almost sounds if the solo tracks were muted and we only hear the aux reverb :-P
Thanks for the feedback guys, due to my constraints i can only mix on headphones of late, my pair of presonus ones bombed out so ive been using phones that came with my lg, i ordered new cans today so as soon as they are here im gonna have a poke at this again, thanks for the advice as always, such legends on here
So i've tried this again, hopefully sorted out some issues let me know what else i can work on...

cheersBig Grin

.mp3    Dark Ride - Hammer down.mp3 --  (Download: 4.61 MB)

Don't know what happened to your second mix but guitars are mono and drums sound very tiny. Something is going on there but I don't know what.
im actually not sure what happened with that last one at all, but here it is again, let me know

.mp3    Dark Ride - Hammer down (03).mp3 --  (Download: 4.61 MB)