Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nova-One Studio: 'Four Graham' - Mix 2018
Hey guys!

Here's my mix of this song.

Quite a lot of work on vocal leveling and drum editing. There's couple of things still that I'm not 100% satisfied but maybe I'll fix 'em later..

Made couple different things on the arrangement, nothing too big but just to make it work better.

Also did a quick mastering just to get the volume right.

Let me know what you think!

.mp3    NOS_FourGraham_master_v1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.26 MB)

Hello. This tracks are hard to work with. Here are my observations.

*there is a lot 200hz_400hz stacked up on the mix. Could be your bass, your guitars, or maybe both. Check what's up in this range.

*voice has a ringing freq. That is annoying.. You should notch it out in the eq. Do a "sweep" to pin point the freq.
*bass is too muddy. It's messing up with your kick. Maybe both tracks have too much going on? Try to cut some 400hz on the kick.
*last but not least. Make sure you are using high lass filters on everything you can. You would be surprised how much you can clean up in a mix with just high pass filters.

Balances are very decent for the most part but the voice could benefit from a boost.
P. S. Feel free to check my mix.. Its somewhere in there but it really shows what a couple days of hell is worth when you really wanna get the best sound you can. To this day I still like the end result.

Saludos!
(20-06-2018, 03:36 AM)Shul Wrote: *last but not least. Make sure you are using high lass filters on everything you can. You would be surprised how much you can clean up in a mix with just high pass filters.
I strongly advice against highpassing everything, especially if it's done on the same frequency for all instruments, because it will create a buildup around the filter limit, which you then will eliminate with another filter, which will again result in a phase shift. Even doing that with a linear phase EQ/filter will not really give desired effect, as there are other problems with linear phase stuff. Some things like bass or kick are better fixed with shelving and compression. This, besides cleaner overall sound, will preserve some of the original low end character.