Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lingua Funqa - Just One Minute
This one took a while but it's such a great song that I didn't mind.

I replaced the kick with a sample which I think gave the song a little more drive. Added an auto-pan on the rhodes and a little chorus on some of the synths, saturation on the vocals and strings, delay where needed and a bunch of EQ and compression.
Like everyone else here, I too had problems with the triangle track. I ended up putting MondoMod on it, making it sound a bit unnatural but nice and a lot less harsh.

I would love to hear what you think. Any feedback is welcome.

.mp3    Just one minute.mp3 --  (Download: 10.31 MB)

Hey Yotixd,

First, let me say : nice job on those vocal effects, wish I thought of something like that Wink

I think your mix would benefit from the kick not carrying some much weight in the bottom end, I know this is not 1980 but when you listen to funk songs from that era, kick drums don't have that booming low end. I believe you should take inspiration from that.
Maybe you could try some transient shaping to cut some of the sustain so that you don't have to cut that much of the low end if you really like it.

Your mix is well balanced in opinion, it's much more organic and you have less of that "processed" effect (as opposed to what I did).
I still think your vocals could come forward a little and why not be brighter...

Have a listen to my mix, I'd love some feedback Wink