Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Ride: 'Hammer Down'
Sounds good, but try to separate instruments more. Less is more most of the time but i think some cuts here and there would give the mix more clarity. Separate the bass from the guitars around the 200hz region. I would cut some bass frequencies here and play around with the HP-filter on the guitars. Use filters on the synths. They're messing with everything else in the chorus.
Try and get vocals more upfront. They need much more compression and probably some eq as well.
(19-06-2018, 09:34 PM)Bangbang Wrote: Sounds good, but try to separate instruments more. Less is more most of the time but i think some cuts here and there would give the mix more clarity. Separate the bass from the guitars around the 200hz region. I would cut some bass frequencies here and play around with the HP-filter on the guitars. Use filters on the synths. They're messing with everything else in the chorus.
Try and get vocals more upfront. They need much more compression and probably some eq as well.

Thanks Bang,

Ill give that a try on the next go round, thanks for taking the time.

I appreciate the comments

Cheers
KSmile

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hey man just a tip. Uploads your final mix at the top of the screen. That way people have access to it without scrolling down.

Last versiĆ³n sounds awesome! Much more improvement than the ones before. There is fullness now.. We can argue weather or not it needs less freq here or more freq. There but sounds a lot better.

The few pointers for me have to do with balance on some things. Bass needs to drop back a lil or at least in the low end of it. It's masking the kick a lil. Also high hat is quite loud. But hey.. Definitely an improvement over the las versions and also you said you used less processing on the tracks.. That's always good as you keep energy on the mix without messing with the tracks too much. Sometimes we use waaaaaay too much processing that we forget that is not always needed.

Saludos and keep on mixing!
Hey Shul

Thanks so much, this one has been a good learning experience...thanks again for all the help!

Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.