Not really my Genre, but gave it a shot

Comments Welcome!!

Cheers

KSmile

Ver, 2

Needed to relevel a few things

Ver-3
Reworked

.mp3    Dark Rides-Hammer Down-01.mp3 --  (Download: 11.18 MB)

.mp3    Dark Rides-Hammer Down-02.mp3 --  (Download: 11.18 MB)

.mp3    Dark Rides-Hammer Down3A.mp3 --  (Download: 11.15 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
New mix added
Learning a lot on this song and genre. hopefully they are getting a bit better each try. A lot I'm just guessing at as far as how hard to hit the limiter and saturator on the master buss for this style.

Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hello there. Version 3 is definitely getting closer to the actual genre.

Some pointers for you.
*intro synth is too loud.
*guitars don't really need that much eq. You should let them be as is for thebtime being.
*not sure what plugins you are using but it's clouding up your mix. I'm confused as to why it sounds too mid-range. The multitracks raw are clean enough. I was able to get a great base sound with very little eq. I would recommend kick back whatever process you have on it and let the raw tracks shine more. What you would be looking for ultimately is a clean sound.

In a very good way and not trying to make your mix less of a mix (balances for the most part are great) but you should clean up the mid range a lot more so you get a cleaner sound.

Keep it up and you are on the right track. Just more clean up on mid-range freq and this mix would sound so much better!
P. S. If you need any tips or help pm me I'll gladly help.
(18-06-2018, 07:14 AM)Shul Wrote: P. S. If you need any tips or help pm me I'll gladly help.

Hi Shul

Thanks so much

Could you have a listen to the static mix and tell me if it sounds right.
its gain staged .. no processing or plugins, just the raw tracks mixed. I could have leveled some of the instruments better but just looking to see if the raw tracks sound right to you.

Im using a different DAW and playback drivers than I normally do on the past few mixes, wondering if some of the problems lay there.

I think I just plain old over compressed, limited, saturated and EQ'd everything.
Thanks
KSmile

.mp3    Dark Rides-Hammer Down-Static mix no plugins.mp3 --  (Download: 11.18 MB)

Yes.. So much closer to the actual song of the genre. It's well balanced. Maybe the bass is a lil too loud but guitars and drums and voices are well balanced..

So basically what you want is to make it huge sounding and after that POLISH what you got right there. These tracks are well recorded and therefore they don't really need a lot of processing. If you can manage to bring the volume of the mix to a huge in your face mix without changing much of its raw power you have got your self a great mix!

Sounds awesome to be honest!!! Looking forward to hearing it with good volume Smile keep it up.
P. S. I just realized something is going on with the site.
The mixes are very low in volume. Maybe your static mix has a huge volume and for some reason is not playing full volume in my phone. My phone music player is loud.. But when I play the tracks here is sooooooo low.. I don't know what's wrong :/
(18-06-2018, 06:50 PM)Shul Wrote: P. S. I just realized something is going on with the site.
The mixes are very low in volume. Maybe your static mix has a huge volume and for some reason is not playing full volume in my phone. My phone music player is loud.. But when I play the tracks here is sooooooo low.. I don't know what's wrong :/

Thanks so much Shul
That clears up a lot of the questions I had. Thanks for taking the time.
I just made some bad choices on the other mix's, especially with the EQ, a few guitar plugins and saturation

I think the static mix only rendered at around -16 LUFS so its really low volume.

Im going to bring the volume up to -9 LUF, 0db rms or as close as I can get without clipping, clean the low end, then rebalance and bring the bass down, check the balance and volume again and if all goes well, it should be ok. Ill try to Keep it Simple this time. Sounds like a planSmile Volume, Clean and polish. I should be able to have it posted tomorrow sometime.

Thanks for your time and help Shul, greatly appreciated.
Cheers
KSmile
No problem. I'm here to help Smile
Final Version

No plugins on Instruments..L1 for volume and Q10-EQ to clean up low end
8 LUFS, 0.00RMS

Could be balanced a bit better, but moving on, definitely learned a lot on this mix.

Cheers
KSmile

.mp3    Dark Rides-Hammer Down-Final Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 11.18 MB)