Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I improve this?
What do you think of this and how can I improve?

.mp3    Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.32 MB)

I think the main issue with this is the kick. Through my headphones, it's making me feel like I'm being punched in the sides of the head every time it hits. Everything else seemed OK, but I couldn't really listen properly because of that sorry. I'm guessing it was way over compressed.
(06-09-2018, 07:40 PM)Sasquatch1974 Wrote: I think the main issue with this is the kick.

Is this any better?

.mp3    Mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.52 MB)

(08-09-2018, 03:10 PM)197Max Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 07:40 PM)Sasquatch1974 Wrote: I think the main issue with this is the kick.

Is this any better?

It certainly does sound better. I still think it sounds a little over compressed, or possibly too much sub bass, but it only notices on a handful of hits. It's pleasant to listen to the track now, and it sounds good. My personal taste would be to have the Hammond organ a little louder, but that's just choice.
Sounds good through headphones. I like the guitar tones and vocal treatment. Very Nice! Hammond could perhaps do with some extra dirt to help it compete. For some extra impact I reckon you could have some fader fun with the intro parts, just to help with the build and drama, if that makes sense. Great work.