Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Hammer Down mixed by a world class mixer
Hey guys,

I'm the guitarist/engineer/mixer of Hammer Down and today I have a very nice bonus for everyone who likes this song and mixed it in the past.

If you want to compare your mix of Hammer Down with the work of a world-class mixer, here is your chance. We hired a very famous mixer known for his work with a lot of big metalcore bands because we wanted to hear how a guy like him would mix our stuff. He mixed and mastered two versions of Hammer Down and I´ll gladly share them with you. Our fav is version 1.1, and you can also compare your mix with my own final mix (02 - Darkride - Hammer Down.mp3).

As always: Have fun and happy mixing Smile

Ps: I can't tell you who it was, sorry. But he worked with some pretty huge bands from the metalcore scene so Hammer Down was in very good hands Smile

.mp3    Hammer Down_Master 1.1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.87 MB)

.mp3    Hammer Down_Master 2.2.mp3 --  (Download: 4.5 MB)

.mp3    02 - Darkride - Hammer Down.mp3 --  (Download: 11.41 MB)

Blown away by the edits on the drums.. It sounds different with just a lil stop here and there. Guitars are very tut beefy with great fullness.. I always struggle to get fullness from them without getting too much midrangy.
Outro synth edit with toneshift was beast!
But the thing that stands out to me is the cleanliness in the mix. No reverb wash whatsoever no background weird room sound whatsoever...

I like v1 too. But in all honesty I would prefer a brighter tone on the mix but that's just personal taste. Will be referencing this with my mix forsure. Thanks blitzz
Sounds great Smile
Could you share what is the price for a such a work?
I remember it being 350 for one song with mastering, but it was a very, very, very special favour and not something he would do again.
If this is a world class mix engineer we live in hope
(15-06-2018, 12:02 PM)Blitzzz Wrote: Hey guys,

I'm the guitarist/engineer/mixer of Hammer Down and today I have a very nice bonus for everyone who likes this song and mixed it in the past. 

If you want to compare your mix of Hammer Down with the work of a world-class mixer, here is your chance. We hired a very famous mixer known for his work with a lot of big metalcore bands because we wanted to hear how a guy like him would mix our stuff. He mixed and mastered two versions of Hammer Down and I´ll gladly share them with you. Our fav is version 1.1, and you can also compare your mix with my own final mix (02 - Darkride - Hammer Down.mp3).

As always: Have fun and happy mixing Smile

Ps: I can't tell you who it was, sorry. But he worked with some pretty huge bands from the metalcore scene so Hammer Down was in very good hands Smile
Hi Blitzzz,

I liked Mix / Master Nr3
: Nr1. for me was a little too much in the low register and a bit in the mid register.
Nr2. is a little better
Nr3. located where I think it sounds perfectly okay.

Sincerely
Patsculle
sounds great