Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trafficker My Father Never Loved Me
Thanks for dropping by, reciprocating herewith Wink

Tasty, bold, striking entry into the song. It sets the scene superbly.

There's a tendency for the low-mids to get congested here. Wondering if the power you were seeking might be partly responsible for this? Looking a bit closer, your side channel (the bit that's stereo) is pushing a lot of material below 100Hz, which will hinder the problem. Technically bass below ~100Hz is non-directional anyway, so making it stereo simply puts more strain on the individual woofer. It will clip a speaker sooner too. One of the tests of a good mixmaster, is how loud it can go without bringing the speakers to their knees sobbing uncontrollably.

The drums were tricky. The kick supplement gives the illusion that the kick is front-of-stage (and in a different space, like from another planet - my goodness, it's phat), but the cymbals sound out the back somewhere, like in the Rest-Room. The drums needed more love during tracking, but I think more cymbal and a touch of ambiance/depth on the kick sample would make the kit tighter and a little more together spatially? I share your struggles on that one.

Nice vocal. You're making me wish I killed off my DT effect now! Wink

"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.
Now, after a long time, I listen and really kick sounds a bit "to much". I agree that litlle a bit of
ambience would fix the this odd seperation.
I'm currently switching to another daw, so at this moment i do not have access to the project
so I can not investigate the cause of the stereo 100Hz. I dont have a clue what is the cause... Huh But it's certainly an interesting situation.
Thanks for listening, i appreciate it Smile