Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
M.E.R.C. Music_ 'Knockout' Master
This is my first mix of this style.
I used an SSL for the master with a very small ratio to give it a bit of punch
I think it's at -12 from RMS

.mp3    M.E.R.C. Music_ \'Knockout\' Master.mp3 --  (Download: 10.24 MB)

Compresor de bus SSL, Gates Sta-Level, Dbx 160x, UA 1176, Bae 1073, Lomo Up27, Ear 822Q, IGS Tubecore Mastering Edition, Lexicon PCM 70, Ferrofish A16, SSL Six, Studer Revox B77, Yamaha HS8
Hello

I think you can get more juice out of the beat arrangement. I'm missing those claps at the intro.
*The snare sounds rather compressed .
*intro piano starts loud then gets quiet.. Not sure if this was intended or if you smacked that limiter on the master bus. Is that pumping I hear? Not really sure.
*voices are good sounding. Just a better balance to make all voices even would be better for me.

Not that bad.. But check out the original mix so you hear the beat.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rbbboCm2zSw
You're right. The box is quite compressed.
I will keep in mind what you have told me.
a greeting
Compresor de bus SSL, Gates Sta-Level, Dbx 160x, UA 1176, Bae 1073, Lomo Up27, Ear 822Q, IGS Tubecore Mastering Edition, Lexicon PCM 70, Ferrofish A16, SSL Six, Studer Revox B77, Yamaha HS8
Hi tete not bad to say its your first mix of this type of music but i agree with Shul with is comments,looking forward to hear your next mix,cheers.
Reaper user
Hello Cudjoe.
I'll keep it in mind for the next mix.
Thanks for the feedback