Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hewie Mix Devils Words
All thoughts are appreciated!

Added an updated mix

.mp3    ACTIONS_DEVILS WORDS_12062019.mp3 --  (Download: 7.43 MB)

.mp3    ACTIONS_DEVILS WORDS_19062018.mp3 --  (Download: 7.5 MB)

Hey Hewie!
I think your drums need some more work. Your kick and snare sounds good but i would cut some mid and high mid frequencies from the OH and boost some high end, also raise the volume. They are barely heard throughout the song.
If you get a nice balance on the drums, make an aux of the whole kit and add a reverb to it to glue it together and make it feel more alive. Do not overdo it though. You want to feel it more than hear it.
Cut some mid frequencies (100-500) from the bass and boost some sub.
I think you have to look over the guitars also. One guitar (to the right) is way way louder than the other two (or did you mute on of them?)
You could try to pan the two guitars that play the same to the sides and let the other one stay in the middle. Cut more mids from the guitars and highpass them so that they play well with the bass.
That's what i can think of, overall your mix sounds good to me! Keep it up!
Hello here are my observations

*snare has a bad ringing freq in there. Both it out and put compression on it. 4:1 ratio is usually my starting point.
*intro distort guitars need better balance. I agree right side sounds louder than left. Make sure they have about the same volume in your faders. You could also put them in a bus and compress them so you squash them a lil bit.
*push the toms more to the left and right. There is a lot of space in the stereo field. Don't be afraid to do hard panning left and right when you need to. That leaves more space for kick, bass, and voices to be cleaner.
*last but not least voice. You need to add reverb to it. And a subtle delay. It sounds very dry. The drums could benefit from revert too. They do sound somewhat dry.

Overall this is a great starting point. Hope this helps.
(12-06-2018, 07:28 PM)Bangbang Wrote: Hey Hewie!
I think your drums need some more work. Your kick and snare sounds good but i would cut some mid and high mid frequencies from the OH and boost some high end, also raise the volume. They are barely heard throughout the song.
If you get a nice balance on the drums, make an aux of the whole kit and add a reverb to it to glue it together and make it feel more alive. Do not overdo it though. You want to feel it more than hear it.
Cut some mid frequencies (100-500) from the bass and boost some sub.
I think you have to look over the guitars also. One guitar (to the right) is way way louder than the other two (or did you mute on of them?)
You could try to pan the two guitars that play the same to the sides and let the other one stay in the middle. Cut more mids from the guitars and highpass them so that they play well with the bass.
That's what i can think of, overall your mix sounds good to me! Keep it up!

aha yep, I should probably listen to my bounce before I upload haha. A guitar wasn't routed properly, thanks!
Updated

Boosted verb, delay sends and overheads, added missing guitar, spread the toms a bit more, some more work on the snare and toms
The voice has to much processing to me, it's taking the brightness from it. Try to start by balancing all the tracks with panning and volume, then I'd start equalizing by the vocals then move on to the other instruments. That will give you an idea of what you can do to bring that song to life. But you are doing a great job here!
"Do what you love and you don't have to work a day."
I'm an amateur musician and producer, so don't take me too seriously.
Here you have my other mixes!