Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angels In Amplifiers - I'm Alright
Mixed in Logic with stock plugins.

.mp3    I\'m alright.mp3 --  (Download: 6.82 MB)

The vocals are great in this mix. The drums are really full which is something I found was a bit of a hassle with my version of the mix, the snare just wasn't sounding full enough (does it ever? Tongue)

Once again though, I love the vocals.

One other thing I would do is bring up the electric guitar, it's just kind of floating in the background not doing much, maybe some automation as well during the solo would be a nice touch as well.

Also, don't take this the wrong way, but you can kind of tell the mix was done with stock plugins, it sounds great but some good ol' over priced plugins would do this mix wonder Wink

Great mix!
Thanks for the input Mattie!

I did have some volume and panning automation on the electric but clearly it wasn't enough, so I punched it up a little. I also added a little distortion to the snare for some more pop and put some parallel compression on the drum bus.

I would upgrade my plugins but I think I need to focus on upgrading my mixing skills for nowTongue

.mp3    I\'m Alright2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.82 MB)

Hey crow!
I think your mix sounds good except for the snare and possibly the OH. I'm having a hard time hearing if it's only the bleed from the snare that's causing the issue.
Some people don't like to gate, but i would suggest doing so.
It sounds like you've boosted it alot around 4-6k. Ease up on that, right now it just doesn't go with the rest of the instruments.
If you want it to stick out more after he cuts, boost a little higher 8-12k, should make it shine a little. But don't overdo it!
If you've also boosted here with the OH, cut 4-6k there as well.
Other than that, your mix sounds awesome!
Thanks for the reply Bangbang!

Going to throw one last version up before I move on.

I cut the high frequency boost on the snare, gated it and changed up the compressor.

.mp3    I\'m Alright3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.87 MB)

Sounds much much better! If you compare the two versions, the new one sounds so much more open and clearer!
Great job!