Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trafficker: 'My Father Never Loved Me'
I've gone a bit crazy with this one. Just couldn't help myself.Tongue Messed with the guitar tones and tried to make it something that it probably isn't! Oh well, Lot's of fun trying. Big Grin

I may still have too much of the overheads going on. They seem to get emphasised when converting to MP3.

Thanks for listening.

Update. Mix#2 Added. Some alterations to guitars and vox. After listening to the first mix the morning after, I've cooled this one off a bit. Too hot, over done and just plain nasty!

.mp3    Trafficker_MyFatherNeverLovedMe_Dangerous#1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.45 MB)

.mp3    Trafficker_MyFatherNeverLovedMe_Dangerous#2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.47 MB)

Hey Dave

You've got some creative stuff going on, I really like the concept.
The one thing I noticed with the guitars. Guitars 2 ® are getting a bit lost on the monitors, but I can hear them a bit better in the headphones, Might be a combination of the tone and effects that's causing it not to cut through enough. The Lead Effect is really cool, Love it.

Really cool stuff !!

Cheers
KSmile

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hi Dave very good vibe, without getting too technical I feel that the slap or verb on the vocals is a bit piercing, but apart from that as usual!!! Good work.
(09-06-2018, 06:45 PM)KMuzic Wrote: Hey Dave

You've got some creative stuff going on, I really like the concept.
The one thing I noticed with the guitars. Guitars 2 ® are getting a bit lost on the monitors, but I can hear them a bit better in the headphones, Might be a combination of the tone and effects that's causing it not to cut through enough. The Lead Effect is really cool, Love it.

Really cool stuff !!

Cheers
KSmile

Thanks K,

Sounds like I need to turn the second guitar up more. I've pushed it for the outro but had it wounded back prior. Funny enough, I set the level whist listening with headphones. The same ones as yours.Big Grin

Appreciate your thoughts

(09-06-2018, 07:04 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi Dave very good vibe, without getting too technical I feel that the slap or verb on the vocals is a bit piercing, but apart from that as usual!!! Good work.

I was thinking that along with the cymbals. I actually re-recorded the vox with an old carbon mic for the effect. I need to roll of some of it's top end.

Thanks for your thoughts.
G'day Dave
Nice solid mix listening on new I loud 3" monitors sound around 2-3db heavy in the bottom end below 90hz.

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(10-06-2018, 06:56 AM)thedon Wrote: G'day Dave
Nice solid mix listening on new I loud 3" monitors sound around 2-3db heavy in the bottom end below 90hz.

Cheers Big Grin

You get all the nice toys Don. I'm so envious. Thanks for listening.
Enjoy the iLouds. So how any sets of monitors is that now? lol.
(10-06-2018, 08:12 AM)Dangerous Wrote:
(10-06-2018, 06:56 AM)thedon Wrote: G'day Dave

Cheers :D

You get all the nice toys Don. I'm so envious. Thanks for listening.
Enjoy the iLouds. So how any sets of monitors is that now? lol.
Too many my wife thinks I might have a speaker Fetish ,I'm deciding on the ATC SCM-25A PRO
or Barefoot MM12 Active Monitor and my mixes might sound better which one should I get lol ?

Cheers :D

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

LOL! It would have to be the Barefoots, Based on the price alone, you couldn't go wrong. Maybe Mike could do an unvarnished review on them. That's if they hand a pair over for the goodwill of the exercise.Tongue