Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trafficker: 'My Father Never Loved Me' (critiques plz)
Hey everyone,

heres my mix of this song. I think I have been pretty moderate considering stylistic choices (except the slapback and saturation on the vocal) and delivered a clean but still exciting and punchy mix.
I might have to much of the cymbal splash, altough I tried to get rid of the ugly frequiecies with some eq.

V2---------------
- Reduced Kick by a bit and cleaned up it's low-end (HPF at 30Hz and slight dip at 30 and 110Hz)
- Removed a bit of 200Hz of the guitars so the bass can come through more
- Repanned guitars for better balance in stereo AND mono
- Compressed OH's with sidechain centered and 4.5kHz to tame harshness
- Sidechained Snare and Kick to Bass to let the Drums hit you in the face
- Longer Tom verb
- Mastered to -10LUFS (It was already pretty compressed due to mixing, Limiter only does 2-3db)
------------

Comments are highly appreicated!

Cheers,
LukasAngel

.mp3    Trafficker_MyFatherNeverLovedMe_v1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.45 MB)

.mp3    Trafficker_MyFatherNeverLovedMe_v2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.45 MB)

Nice solid mix I like it a lot one of my favourites so far , Maybe the kick could be jumping out just by a db or so at around 50hz on my monitors anyway not a big deal !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

I love it to, Lukas. Sounds great through my headphones. Well done.
This sounds nice and solid to me. I actually prefer the vocal treatment on this mix to the reference one.
Being nit-picky, the kick and hats are a tad loud (for me) - but having not attempted to mix this one (so-far),
there's probably problems I'm unaware of? Very good attempt though.
Please consider becoming a patron of Cambridge Music Technology to help Mike keep this Awesome Educational Site Alive! -- https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts
Thank you for your comments and critiques!

I will upload V2 shortly.
hi! listened v2 and it sounds very nice. maybe the cymbals are still a bit forward. low end, guitars and vocals sound very good. great mixing! ^_^
Hey Lucast

2nd version is much better. Sounds more open and crisp. Sounds good on the monitors. Nice balance.

Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hi LukasL version 2 I like,its got the vibe, well done.
Nicely done Lucas. Has a nice glue to it.
We're all just a bunch of freqs in this crazy world.
Your mix two:
Vox and Guitars sounds kinda nasalish and the Bass is hardly noticeable, has no meat. That gives the mix a telefonish touch.