Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Place For Us
I think I lost perspective in this mix. How is the relationship in level between tracks?

.mp3    A Place For Us.mp3 --  (Download: 8.79 MB)

(08-06-2018, 09:43 PM)fran Wrote: I think I lost perspective in this mix. How is the relationship in level between tracks?

Balance levels between tracks is spot on. I hear everything, everything is clear. Nice work!

Good day,
Gamma

(08-06-2018, 10:00 PM)gammasign Wrote: Balance levels between tracks is spot on. I hear everything, everything is clear. Nice work!

Good day,
Gamma

Thanks Gamma, I wasn't feeling great about my mix. I appreaciate your comment!
Cheers
Hello. A very nice mix indeed. I was also frustrated a bit with that many tracks but in the end I think it came out good. I noticed you took the distort guitars more into account on the chorus. Something I left in the back and it gives two totally different feel. Also in the bridge when the music drops and there is a build up. I would have love for you to use some automation on those strings, they give more excitement and mystery to that part.

All in all very well done. Feel free to check my mix if you want. It's there somewhere lol. Good day to you.
(09-06-2018, 05:07 PM)Shul Wrote: Hello. A very nice mix indeed. I was also frustrated a bit with that many tracks but in the end I think it came out good. I noticed you took the distort guitars more into account on the chorus. Something I left in the back and it gives two totally different feel. Also in the bridge when the music drops and there is a build up. I would have love for you to use some automation on those strings, they give more excitement and mystery to that part.

All in all very well done. Feel free to check my mix if you want. It's there somewhere lol. Good day to you.

Thanks for the feedback

Listening back to my mix I totally see what you say. The break with strings is a bit too static. I'll take that into account for fututre mixes.

Thank you Big Grin
Sounds really nice fran. Balances are great, love the vocal and elect guitar tones. I agree with shul on the bridge. You could push those strings up to the forefront and drop back the synth part back and let this build into the final chorus.
There is a build up in the bass frequencies though, that is clouding the mix a little. Trying to pin point it, I think bass guitar could do with a cut somewhere around 150-200hz. There is a clash in this region with the drums. There also seems to be a build up in the sub 100hz area also 60-80hz I guessing. Kick/bass guitar combination? not completely sure. If you can clear this up I think the mix will open right up.
(11-06-2018, 11:54 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Sounds really nice fran. Balances are great, love the vocal and elect guitar tones. I agree with shul on the bridge. You could push those strings up to the forefront and drop back the synth part back and let this build into the final chorus.
There is a build up in the bass frequencies though, that is clouding the mix a little. Trying to pin point it, I think bass guitar could do with a cut somewhere around 150-200hz. There is a clash in this region with the drums. There also seems to be a build up in the sub 100hz area also 60-80hz I guessing. Kick/bass guitar combination? not completely sure. If you can clear this up I think the mix will open right up.

Alright, I'll fix what you say on the weekend. Thanks for the feedback.
The feedback might be I let bass and kick live in the same area, so that's something to fix.

Cheers!