Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Street Noise "You Are The One"
I started this last night and completed it this morning. Thanks to the band for letting us experiment and learn from their material.

.mp3    StreetNoise_YouAreTheOne_Mix1_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 13.86 MB)

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
There is a lot of hiss occasionally popping up in the right speaker. Also, I think the kick seems overly tight. Is it a sample? Maybe I'm just a bit miffed as I couldn't get the kick to sound any good in my mix of this Smile Everything else sounds good.
(26-08-2018, 08:02 PM)Sasquatch1974 Wrote: There is a lot of hiss occasionally popping up in the right speaker. Also, I think the kick seems overly tight. Is it a sample? Maybe I'm just a bit miffed as I couldn't get the kick to sound any good in my mix of this Smile Everything else sounds good.

I've since gone thru and cleaned up the tracks, removing bars of "silence". I also removed all the Abbey Road TG12345 plug-ins, opting instead for standard EQs and compressors. There were no samples added to the prior mix, or to this new version.

.mp3    StreetNoise_YouAreTheOne_Mix3_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 13.75 MB)

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
(10-09-2018, 03:04 AM)davemcg61 Wrote:
(26-08-2018, 08:02 PM)Sasquatch1974 Wrote: There is a lot of hiss occasionally popping up in the right speaker. Also, I think the kick seems overly tight. Is it a sample? Maybe I'm just a bit miffed as I couldn't get the kick to sound any good in my mix of this Smile Everything else sounds good.

I've since gone thru and cleaned up the tracks, removing bars of "silence". I also removed all the Abbey Road TG12345 plug-ins, opting instead for standard EQs and compressors. There were no samples added to the prior mix, or to this new version.

That's a lot better without the hiss. Good mix.