Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Angels In Amplifiers - I'm Alright (mixed and mastered)
Hello! This is my mix of Angels in Amplifiers - I'm Alright. Feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks for listening!

Some things worth mentioning:

1. Kick Drum - The kick drum was pretty meh in my opinion. I had to do a lot of EQ and a decent amount of compression to make it sound decent. The kick also didn't play very nicely with the bass, so I added a bit of sidechain and that fixed it right up.

2. Drums in general - The raw recordings were a bit dark to my ear so I EQ'd the whole drum buss to bring out the high end crispiness. I also put a compressor on the drum bus for added punchy-ness.

3. Guitars - I automated the gain of the electric guitar to make it pop out more during the solos. The change in gain isn't much, but makes a big difference.

4. Vocals - The vocals were really well recorded. Just thought I'd mention that.

5. Mastering - My mastering chain for this track was extremely simple: EQ -> Compressor -> Limiter. I tried not to crank the compression or the limiter too much, I wanted to preserve as much dynamic range as I could.

...And that's about it! Again, any feedback is appreciated (especially since I mixed on headphones, if someone with good monitors could tell me what they think that would be dope)

.mp3    ImAlright-Mastered.mp3 --  (Download: 6.93 MB)

Just my opinion : I think the vocals could use a little less compression, and a little more life. And a punchier snare if that is possible