Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trafficker: 'My Father Never Loved Me' kapu mix
Tried autotuning the vocals for trap-like sound, but it not sound too nice. ^_^

.m4a    Trafficker_ \'My Father Never Loved Me\' kapu mix4.m4a --  (Download: 8.03 MB)

.m4a    trafficker___my_father_never_loved_me__kapu_mix3.m4a --  (Download: 7.78 MB)

Hey Kapu,
I like your mix,
Good balance, eq, Vocal seems to be a bit deep in backaground.
I'd work on Kick drum as i think the tone suits more of a metal or something. Maybe some more verb on snare sounds a bit dry.
Nice work.
Cheers!!
(04-06-2018, 09:49 AM)Lethan Wrote: Hey Kapu, [...]

thanks! it's a dry lcr panned 'draft' mix with slight haas on guitars, and your notions are spot on. i'm trying to get used to new speakers, so i guess it will be like this for a while. ^_^
Nice punchy mix listening on headphones love the tight bass and kick ,Maybe the kick beater could come down a touch a personal taste thing for me thinking maybe a touch more ambience on the mix especially on the drums but maybe not !

Well Done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

This mix works for me Kapu. It has that "new age" pushed sound that's popular in this genre at the moment. I can agree with other comments here. I think some suitable stylistic reverbs throughout could be beneficial in finishing this one off.
I not sure how I'm going to approach this track, but something in this direction I think will be the way to go.

Well Done Big Grin
(04-06-2018, 11:39 AM)thedon Wrote: Nice punchy mix [...]

thanks! have to work on kick and reverbs.
(04-06-2018, 12:08 PM)Dangerous Wrote: This mix works [...]

thanks for listening. i was actually working on something, but probably ended up ruining sound with too much eq. maybe ill do completely new mix. you can also crank it up so loud the room start to ring and provides the ambience. ^_^

.m4a    xxx.m4a --  (Download: 7.85 MB)

Added new mix. Still very dry. ^_^
(04-06-2018, 03:44 PM)kapu Wrote: Added new mix. Still very dry. ^_^

Hi Kapu..

Love the Kick and bass.. , it really drives the song. I like the dryer sound Rock and Roll!!
Nice Job !
Cheers
KSmile

Edit:
I was having another listen, didn't notice it the first time, The Tom levels seem to be down? might just be me
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(05-06-2018, 06:38 PM)KMuzic Wrote: Hi Kapu.. [...]

thanks! latest version, version 2 in op, has toms, but they're perhaps a bit low. i've also omitted solo; i think the 'rhythm section' sounds already good by itself. ^_^