Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.13 Average
Earth Frequencies Mix
Considering this a master version, it's not that loud in my opinion. Things do get louder. Anyway, I like your work on vocals, but the drums are a bit muffled, under cover, I guess. It could be your goal, but still, they lack some more agression and punch. But I like the overall mix, have a nice day.
And if I could join your discussion about loudness - you may be right with your point with Spotify etc., but still, a client wants his music turn up as much as possible in his mobile earbuds or non-studio-monitor shitty speakers Smile And many people are using the loudness just as an excuse for not being able to push their mixes that much and I think we've all been there. For me it is also a kind of sign, that everything is mixed pretty well and everything has its own space - otherwise you'd hear pumping and distortion much faster, but do as you like Smile
It can be a daunting task learning things when you allow your ego to get involved. Wink
I dunno, but I think this sounds pretty darn good. Yeah, it's loud, but not all butchered sounding. Definitely a low mid thing going on, but gives it more of a stonery vibe, so no qualms here.
(19-09-2018, 06:08 PM)TheNeverScene Wrote: I dunno, but I think this sounds pretty darn good. Yeah, it's loud, but not all butchered sounding. Definitely a low mid thing going on, but gives it more of a stonery vibe, so no qualms here.

Thanks Brother, there is nothing wrong with it, hence the envy. Wink