Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Johnny Lokke-"Promises & Lies"
Metal Monday. Some impressive vocal and guitar work on this track.

Vers:2-More fur.

.mp3    V1 Johnny Lokke_Promises And Lies_.mp3 --  (Download: 10.77 MB)

.mp3    V2 Johnny Lokke_Promises And Lies_.mp3 --  (Download: 10.77 MB)

We're all just a bunch of freqs in this crazy world.
I've been lurking in the background for quite some time, I just have to say that pretty much everything I've heard you mix has been great! Including this!

If I had to point out something to change, I'd say, it sounds like the main guitar sound is great, but it's a little to hard panned for my liking.

Great mix!

I just posted up a mix here if you'd like to give some constructive criticism: http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=23202
Thank you Mattie. I don't think I would consider any of my mixes great but that's very kind of you to say. I'll click over to your link and give it a listen.
I'll note that this is mastered a bit on the loud end (above where most of the commercially mixed songs in my library end up on my volume knob). Otherwise, this is a good mix. Might be able to get away with adding more low end on the vocals and perhaps a tad less reverb on the vocal and solo guitar. That would probably help the vocal to stand a little more forward in the mix while still not in your face. Maybe a little check of the 300 Hz range is in order but it'd be a small adjustment.
Old West Audio
Thanks azwayne, good points. Yes, should have paid more attention to the output level.
Version 2 added a little more excitement to the drums....I think Smile