Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#05 TTMB - Deliza Mix
I tried to get a Jeff Buckley/Neko Case feeling for this beautiful song, though I'm not there yet. Still, I loved the chance to play with so many tracks, I've never done that before.

Btw, is it me or some mixes here have a completely different guitar solo?

.mp3    05 - Zane Carney & Friends - Talk To Me Baby (Deliza).mp3 --  (Download: 7.48 MB)

Hi Deliza

Wow, really nice mix, great balance and easy on the ears..The guitar tone contrast is really nice. Nice vocal build up into the lead guitar section.
Sounded sweet on the headphones. Ill have to check it out on the monitors at another time. The only thing I noticed in the headphones were the BG vocals near the end seemed to get a bit congested, but that might translate better on my monitors. Edit: BG vocals sat much better on the monitors..Nice!

Great Job!

Ill have to give this one a shot, beautiful song

Happy Mixing!!

KirkSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Awesome job, Deliza, I very much enjoyed this version. Now I have a new project to work on.
Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
(28-05-2018, 08:38 PM)KMuzic Wrote: Hi Deliza

Wow, really nice mix, great balance and easy on the ears..The guitar tone contrast is really nice. Nice vocal build up into the lead guitar section.
Sounded sweet on the headphones. Ill have to check it out on the monitors at another time. The only thing I noticed in the headphones were the BG vocals near the end seemed to get a bit congested, but that might translate better on my monitors. Edit: BG vocals sat much better on the monitors..Nice!

Great Job!

Ill have to give this one a shot, beautiful song

Happy Mixing!!

KirkSmile

That makes my day, I live and work in places with Mordor-like acoustics, so I've just passed on monitors for the time being. Still, I agree that I might panned those BG's a little more since there were free space to the right.

And definitely try it, there was like 4/5 guitar tracks and some keyboards I didn't use, it's like 3 songs in there.