Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Own M.A. mix
Hi,

Well Produced!!!. Hope you like the mix.

M.A.

.mp3    My_own_M.A._mix.mp3 --  (Download: 10.97 MB)

Well thank you! It was actually my first real beat I've ever created.

First thing I notice is that the bass is FAT as hell man! It could be backed off maybe a dB or two, but then again it is rap. Big Grin

I'm really digging the vox delay! It's actually J-Spurge's (first verse) favorite. The chorus sounds kinda dry...The bass really thickens it up, but it would have been nice to have a little sparkle there.

I've been at work all day, lots of beeping and noise, so maybe I just have ear fatigue, but something was really bothering me in the 400 to 600 Hz range. It could have been the vox or maybe piano.

Anyways, great mix! I really enjoy listening to others perspective and I give kudos to those who take the time out of their day to do this!

Don Perignon
Mix Engineer / Hobbyist
https://soundcloud.com/donald-holland
Hi Don,

Thank you for the feedback. you are right about the build up in the low mid range. It is the nasal vox around 350 hz which needs to be cleaned up. Ill fix it and hopefully post a revision soon. Thanks again.

M.A.

(18-08-2013, 06:55 AM)Don Perignon Wrote: Well thank you! It was actually my first real beat I've ever created.

First thing I notice is that the bass is FAT as hell man! It could be backed off maybe a dB or two, but then again it is rap. Big Grin

I'm really digging the vox delay! It's actually J-Spurge's (first verse) favorite. The chorus sounds kinda dry...The bass really thickens it up, but it would have been nice to have a little sparkle there.

I've been at work all day, lots of beeping and noise, so maybe I just have ear fatigue, but something was really bothering me in the 400 to 600 Hz range. It could have been the vox or maybe piano.

Anyways, great mix! I really enjoy listening to others perspective and I give kudos to those who take the time out of their day to do this!

Nice and clear vocal sound and good balance.

Something in that monotonous rhythm starts to feel little bit annoying. After some time I don't here vocals anymore, just that beat. It may be the dominant piano sound that causes it. Maybe a little bit automation here and there could make more differences between parts of song.