Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Well, here's something different...
So, I've just recently started downloading other people's multitracks in an effort to get good at mixing. This was the first set I got. Once I dumped all the tracks into Pro Tools and lined them up, I was *sure* I had somehow messed up the lead vocal track, because it sounded like it was way off beat when played with the other tracks. I played around with it some and figured out where it was SUPPOSED to go...or so I thought. I finished it a week later (I took my time with this one), and decided I wanted to see how other people had mixed it. I looked it up online and noticed that EVERYONE else's lead vocals started in a different place than mine! To my ears, my way still sounds better, but I'll leave the decision to you...

-Jason

.mp3    Angels in Amplifers MASTER.mp3 --  (Download: 5.74 MB)

You’re right, it’s very weird to hear the vocals like this but they don’t really sound wrong. The only thing I noticed were some holes during the break around the 2-minute mark; the vocals are missing there. Smile
Most mixes done in Reaper or Bitwig on a MacBook Pro using Sony MDR-7506 headphones and some hifi system with old Saba speakers in a small-ish untreated room. If I commented on your mix, please check the board for my mix and reciprocate. :) Thank you!
The chorus vocals are really well done! Kudos. I would push the electric guitar a bit more during the verses than it is now, to fill the void I feel in the verses. The snare is my favourite thing in the mix, very well done that! Vocals are done really well overall.

Hope you don't mind this amateur mixer comment about the mix hehe