Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
"Blues Is A Lady'
Reference for this was ZZTop's 'Tush'. Let me know what you think?

.mp3    PeterWhite_TheBluesIsALady_Mix2_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 9.83 MB)

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
(25-05-2018, 07:03 PM)davemcg61 Wrote: Reference for this was ZZTop's 'Tush'. Let me know what you think?

Really nice mix Dave.. Great balance and really clean! Sounded great on my monitors
Maybe the background vocals @ 2:10 and 3:20 could be tucked back a bit.
Good Job !!
Cheers
Kirk

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(26-05-2018, 05:42 PM)KMuzic Wrote:
(25-05-2018, 07:03 PM)davemcg61 Wrote: Reference for this was ZZTop's 'Tush'. Let me know what you think?

Really nice mix Dave.. Great balance and really clean! Sounded great on my monitors
Maybe the background vocals @ 2:10 and 3:20 could be tucked back a bit.
Good Job !!
Cheers
Kirk
Thanks, Kirk, I'll check out the mix at home tonight and see what I can adjust or correct.
Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
Great mix!
I really like the tone you got with the lead guitar, sits well in the mix.
Also the vocals in the verse sounds good and stick out like they should.
In the chorus, the backing vocals take over a little, but you treated the twin guitars nicely!
I do think the drums sound a little dry and low in the mix and it makes the whole song not carry as much.

Check out my mix for this song! I'd love to hear your opinion!
Hi Dave, nice mix!
I have just found this site, and started to mix this song.
I love your reference, i will definitely include that into my own.
You really have got the vocals sitting front, like it!
Cheers,
Sozza23