Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Alright Mixed on Beh X32
Last night I was chilling at home and I said my self, why not mix a quick song on the X32? I work on this console often for live sound, so decided to give it a try for a studio record, so I found this song good for this try, I routed the channels individually from the DAW to x32 using the x-usb card.
I used the The Pan, EQ, comp, Gate and 2 reverb FX everything from the board nothing from DAW. Then I imported the master to DAW for a quick "mastering" and here is the result.
I feel more comfortable touching real fader and I work faster too

.mp3    I\'m Right X32 Mix (nelsonaudio0).mp3 --  (Download: 6.79 MB)

This is a really great mix! I'm glad to see the X32 at work in a studio. The only time I've seen this console used is in a live setting.

The one thing I would change about this mix is I feel like the bass is a little to loud, either that or there might be a frequency popping out a little to much in the low end.

Also, I feel like the vocal could come up a little bit more Smile

I'm curious as to what type of reverb settings you used.

Seriously though, this is top notch stuff! Cool
Hey Nelson, great mix! Love the sound of the drums. I feel like drums and percussion got a little too loud.
Thanks for the comments guys

@mattie:
Yes after listening in my car I could hear that, that happens when you Mix in a poor treatment room and I'm trying the Sonarworks speakers software also, my monitors sounds different now. I have to get used to their new sound.
I don't remember the reverb settings, did it fast and I don't have the console with me now, I did a reset after mix

@Terock
I think it is the overheads they could be at lower level and also I feel the kick too clicky

Once again Thanks!