Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swing Bazar: 'Fleche D'Or'
Swing Bazar: 'Fleche D'Or'

.mp3    Swing Bazaar.mp3 --  (Download: 8.37 MB)

Very Nice Javier

Has a nice warm smooth and driving feel, really nice separation and balance.
enjoyable listen!!
Nice work
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(12-09-2018, 05:27 PM)KMuzic Wrote: Very Nice Javier

Has a nice warm smooth and driving feel, really nice separation and balance.
enjoyable listen!!
Nice work
KSmile

Thank you Kirk. I appreciate your comments and listening to it! It was a good track to mix, very well recorded. I went easy on compression trying to keep it dynamic. Some automation, EQ, ambiance with reverbs and that was it.
For my taste, the non guitars parts (what are they, violins and accordion?) are a little restrained (except for the solos, obviously, those sound great). On the little bridges (meaning that part on 00:33 and those following), I think the violin/s are playing some "dissonant" notes, intervals or whatever that are pivotal to add that weird, uneasy feeling but you kept them a little too much behind the guitars. My taste, anyway.

Apart from that super nipticky objection, everything feels well balanced and sound supernaturally natural. I'm a super slow writer, the mix have been playing for half a dozen times and I'm not tired of it at all. A well mixed batshit crazy piece of music!