Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bolz & Knecht - Summertime
I've really enjoyed working on this song, it's an amazing performance.
First of all, I've tried to separate some percussions with gate, so I was able to process them separated. Added a high-pass filter and sent them to a big, long reverb and a tape delay, this makes the entire song sound a little bit like reggae, because I think that's the most fitting genre to summer vibes :)
Then I've separated the low-end sounds with also a gate to give some extra energy to the song.
Next step was a slight compression to give more space for the guitar and bring some quieter parts ahead, like the parts when the guitarist slides its finger on the strings, I really like it.
Next step was the sax processing. I've panned the 3 tracks (two of them 100% on the sides and one on the center), then added a slight compression to make the volume smoother and finally some equalization to cut the low end and add some colour.
On the master channel I've cut the unnecessary frequencies (under 20hz and above 20khz), added some saturation to glue the tracks together and finally maximized the volume.
Please note: currently I'm not working in the room I used to so there may be minor problems with the stereo space and low end frequencies.

.mp3    Bolz_Knecht_Summertime.mp3 --  (Download: 6.32 MB)