Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fAlling aPart -Scheps Omni Channel Mix
(20-05-2018, 03:22 PM)Lethan Wrote: Hello Andrew,
Really like your version of this song. Everything sounds sweet, nice dynamic and clarity. The only thing i would change is snare sound. Despite it is nice mixed in. Taste of matter I guess. Is it a sample or you processed it this way?

Thanks Lethan- glad you liked it.

It's been a while since I mixed this one, but I'm pretty certain I didn't use any samples with the snare. However, did use the old trick of triggering a bit of white noise from the snare using a white noise generator & a side-chain-enabled gate. I wanted to get a little bit of a new-wave-ish, early 80's influenced thing happening, along with the whole modern indie disco aesthetic (if that makes any sense).

It's not normally the kind of snare sound I would go for, but I really thought it suited the track, and it was something different, with a bit of individual character.

Thanks for listening and commenting - much appreciated!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
I've heard a lot of good things about triggering white noise for a snare sound although never tried it by myself.
I'm sure it's only my taste considering snare sounds, usually i listen to metal or proggressive rock (or techno). I'm so used to it so any other sound sounds to me different. I guess snare taken from a Deftons wouldnt suit this track at all Smile. Need to listen more music Smile.
Have a good day!
(22-05-2018, 05:21 PM)Lethan Wrote: I've heard a lot of good things about triggering white noise for a snare sound although never tried it by myself.
I'm sure it's only my taste considering snare sounds, usually i listen to metal or proggressive rock (or techno). I'm so used to it so any other sound sounds to me different. I guess snare taken from a Deftons wouldnt suit this track at all Smile. Need to listen more music Smile.
Have a good day!

Yeah, there is so much variety in the way snare sounds can be approached. I like to try different things, especially with the variety of genres there are available on this site. Sometimes weird combinations can result in compelling and individual sounds. Definitely listen to as many different styles as you can - it broadens your taste and your palette.

Thanks again for your input!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Hi Andrew

Really nice mix...Nice low end, balance, tone..all work nicely together.
Enjoyed listening to it.
Great Job!!

Cheers

KirkSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(04-06-2018, 07:43 PM)KMuzic Wrote: Hi Andrew

Really nice mix...Nice low end, balance, tone..all work nicely together.
Enjoyed listening to it.
Great Job!!

Cheers

KirkSmile

Thanks Kirk!