Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lingua Funqa Just One Minute mix 2
My attempt of mixing this trackSmile.

.mp3    Lingua Funqa Just One Minute mix1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.86 MB)

.mp3    Lingua Funqa Just One Minute mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.89 MB)

Nice Creative Mixing Cudjoe ,Love your ideas !
One subtle thing maybe the bass could come up a just touch and the kick punch down a just touch around 50 -60 and 100-200 area.
It's probably my monitors and a personal taste thing for me as finding balancing the bass and kick is fun challenge .
Great Mixing
Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thanks don I definitely had some problems with this one, mix 2 is on the way.
Mix 2 feels better for me,any comments?
Mix 2 feels much better to me also. Love the emphasis on the different synth parts through the intro. I wish I had pulled them ones up, works well.
I've had a listen to this a few times today around the traps, and for the most part it translates really well. The only main thing for me is the strings sound a bit subdued in the intro. I think if you can push them a little harder it would help the build into the song and the 1st verse.

Well Done.

Cheers mate I will look into this for my next mix.
Cudjoe, I found your lateral approach in this mix refreshing. There's some really good ideas here that really tickle my fancy.

Because you've gone creative, I'll only mention the triangle, as this gave me one of the many griefs in my mixing process! You need to fix the strong resonance around 3kHz. The trouble is, if you do this, the instrument will disappear, as it's harmonics are trampled over by the combined amplitudes of other elements' harmonics.

I found the best solution was to change the timbre so that it wasn't agitating the ear canal, nor was it tending to compete with other busy harmonics in the treble region, hopefully making a more comfortable journey for the listener. If you try, make some radical eq curves well beyond the call of duty. Let your ears be the final judge. Ignore what the eyes are telling your brain and tame it's digital brashness.

And have fun
"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.
Thanks Monk i understand what you are saying(THAT TRIANGLE)i will look into this as well,cheers.
You could always fix it with a Kapu move! lol
"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.
(26-05-2018, 05:37 PM)Monk Wrote: You could always fix it with a Kapu move! lol
Lol, I like to try to keep most of the elements in as intended by the artists, but I do understand what you are saying,I will look into this in mix.Smile